Chaingang in Luxembourg
Back in England, Martin was avid for the weekly chaingang sessions in Cambridge. As he missed these rides, he just simply introduced them here in Luxembourg too and hence since a couple of weeks, every tuesday evening a growing number of cycling enthousiasts meet @Britannia for the “Belgian circle”:
Martin’s description and introduction (facebook page)
This is the official Chaingang Luxembourg group for all cycling enthusiasts.
The idea of a “Belgian circle” is to ride the same loop (every week, around 60-80km) with as many riders as possible in a group for as long as possible & especially as fast as possible. It has to be a smooth change of riders at the front all time, similar to a TeamTimeTrial.
For All of you who have never done a Chaingang before:
– be careful….it is like a drug & you are quickly addicted! (seriously)
– the ride will be a “Belgian Circle” which means continuous rotation within the group
– a group is split in at least 6 – up to 12 riders (not more, otherwise it gets too dangerous & crazy)
– it is every tuesday & we always follow the same route (therefore I appreciate help with planning the route)
– start is 18:30 which should be possible for most of us & takes between 1:30-2:00 hours
– Attention! This ride is a dropping ride which means if someone has bad legs/puncture etc. he has to ride home on his own. So, no one is waiting (although, it is possible due to the course that you can shorten & hang on on another location)
I certainly know that this is an ambitious goal, but I would like to see in future +100 people at the meeting point (like with my Cycle Club in Cambridge, where this is the case every single week, irrelevant if someone has/had a race or not.
Every rider has to make an effort that everything runs smoothly (lights etc.)
Interested? Would you like to join the ride or get more details about the chaingang? Then please go to the FACEBOOK PAGE, which is updated every week.