Fast cocoa protein balls
Maybe you are like me, after a run you just simply want to have something fast and sweet but also not too sweet… therefore these cocoa balls are exactly the right thing: no baking is necessary, they are done in max. 10 minutes, have some protein and are deliciously chocolately!
As I’m not that a big fan of coconut, I decided to roll the cocoa protein balls in chia seeds instead.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 spoons recovery protein powder, if possible vanilla flavour (I used Sponsor Recovery Shake - Vanilla)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5-6 tablespoons large oats
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (I used almond butter) *
- 1-2 shot of milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Mix in a small bowl the cocoa, protein powder, cinnamon and oats.
- Add the almond butter and 1-2 shots of milk and mix thoroughly with a fork until well combined. It should keep together and be slightly sticky but not paste-like.
- Roll 2 big balls or 4 smaller ones between your hands until they are slightly shiny. Roll in chia seeds.
- Eat straight away or store them in the fridge for as long as you want, they're bullet-proof!
- * if possible use a local product. For people in Luxembourg (or Europe), I recommend to use one of the various nut butters (organic, no added preservatives) from www.nuxspreads.com in order to support local small start-up companies instead of big supermarket chains.