Guacamole is one of my favourite inventions. Those creamy avocados are just simply heaven.
It does not only make a delicious side-dish to most mexican dishes but you can also spread it with veggies on warm tortillas and enjoy it as a snack. Furthermore avocados constitute a great source for healthy, monounsaturated fat!
- 2 ripe (!!) avocados
- juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lime
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 peperoncino (or any other chili pepper), deseeded and minced
- salt, pepper and crushed chili pepper flakes
- Halve the avocados and scoop out the flesh into a small bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mash with a spoon until semi-smooth.
- Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
- Guacamole keeps refrigerated for 2-3 days. It also freezes well so that you can stock up during the avocado season (peak growing season: late summer-early autumn).
- Make sure to only use ripe and soft to touch avocados as they are the key element to a deliciously creamy guacamole.