Number 1 of my Top 10 healthy and fast endurance sport recipes
‘The 20-minute Quinoa Hotpot’ is the first recipe of my new weekly posts of my Top 10 healthy and fast meals composed particularly for endurance athletes who may not have the time and energy to prepare complicated meals but still need need to refuel and recover with high-quality carbohydrates and proteins. This fuss-free one-pot dish is just simply a perfect fit !
The whole meal preparation should not take longer than 20 minutes as the ingredients are prepared, chopped up and diced during the cooking process.
- 250-300 g of white and dark Quinoa
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 little carrot
- 1/2 sweet pointed pepper
- 125 g Feta cheese, diced
- Olive oil
- a handful of each of green olives, cashew nuts, raisins and fresh parsley
- salt, pepper, herbs and spices, optional
- Slice the onion and fry briefly in olive oil in a pan.
- Add the Quinoa and stir-fry for about a minute before adding double amount of water, when it boils, reduce the heat and let it simmer for a bit more than 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the Quinoa ready to eat. Add flavouring.
- In the mean time prepare, chop up the other ingredients and add one by one. Start with the carrots, then the pointed pepper, continue with the cashew nuts , raisins and olives. When the last minute is reached, stir in the chopped fresh parsley and the diced feta cheese.
- Remove from the heat and serve with fresh olive bread.
- As the ingredients are prepared, chopped up and diced during the cooking process, the whole meal preparation should not take longer than 20 minutes.