Number 3 of my Top 10 healthy and fast endurance sport recipes
Just another weekly Top 10 of my favourite endurance sport recipes… this week: The ‘Power Pancake’. The pancake batter is super easy to prepare with the shake blender, just a little bit more delicate to do in the pan than the usual pancakes. Just simply try it. Ideal for a breakfast or brunch, when you have a little bit more time for the preparation… or buy a pancake machine;)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup / 125 g flour
- 1 cup / +/- 250 ml milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of Protein or recovery powder
- 1 handful of cheese (I used grated gouda and very finely grated parmesan
- fresh parsley, pepper, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- In a blender or food processor, blend the chopped zucchini and milk until it is a smooth mushy mass. Add the sliced red onion, the eggs, seasonings and protein powder, blend again, before adding gradually the flour.
- Heat enough butter in a frying pan to avoid the power pancakes from burning on, pour in a layer of pancake batter and fry on both sides on low heat for 3-4 minutes per side until nicely brown. They brown quickly and are a bit delicate to flip.
- Sprinkle with cheese and eat while still warm.
- Depending on your personal taste, you may want to add some sweetness by adding sugar or honey. Or you may want to season with organic ketchup.
- As they brown quickly, also burn on fast and are delicate to flip, it is essential to use enough butter and don't make the layers too thin.